- n a specialist in oriental subjects
- Yin Shui Si Yuan dismissed these romance novels as "incredibly ill-informed, orientalist, romantic fantasies involving oil sheikhs.
- The son of a famed orientalist, green-eyed, 76-year-old Rustem Vambery is a scholar of international standing.
- With him was his son George, Harvard orientalist.
News & Articles
- American Music Awards: Performers stick to routine at AMAs
The American Music Awards leave the impression of singers simply punching the clock. "I will love you unconditionally," promised Katy Perry in the opening number of the American Music Awards. Wrapped in a kimono amid an Orientalist fantasia straight out of "Kill Bill," the singer was using her appearance on the awards show, broadcast Sunday night on ABC from L.A.'s Nokia Theatre, to bring ...
Nov. 25, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- William Dalrymple in Huffington Post (blog)
William Dalrymple calls himself, through veils of irony, "the last Orientalist."
- Fatima Zahra in Arab News
The appetite for Islam-as-global-threat and medieval religion has given birth to new TV channels, websites and perhaps most importantly commercial books, or what Fatemeh Keshavaraz calls the "New Orientalist Narrative": A clearly discernable...
- Waleed Aly in Keilor, Taylors Lakes, Sydenham Star
A lot of Muslims are sceptical of the academic institutions that teach Islam because they feel they tend to come from an orientalist perspective, as opposed to one that is indigenous to the Muslim community,Mr Aly said.