organist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who plays an organ
- If you are a Charles Michael Schwab or a Pierre Samuel du Pont, you may have an organ of your own and a private organist all to yourself.
- Ralph Bellamy, 41, veteran stage (Tomorrow the World) and screen (Guest in the House) actor; and Ethel Smith, 32, thin, Tico-Tico-famed cinema electric organist (Bathing Beauty .
- Some organists love to put a modern organ through its tricks; others sigh for the good old days when an organ was just an organ, point nostalgically to the fact that 18th .
News & Articles
- Real People: Fox organist has ‘best gig in the world’
For the last 10 years, Larry Douglas Embury has held one of the most unusual jobs in the world. As the official organist in residence for the Fox Theatre, the Druid Hills musician has the pleasure of rising out of the orchestra pit on the bench of the gold-gilt Moller organ to enchant audiences with the instrument’s versatility. “I can throw anything at it, from Bach to boogie, and ‘Might Mo ...
June 19, 2013 - WSB-TV 2 Atlanta
- Balboa Park: Summer concerts to kick off at Spreckels Organ Pavilion
San Diego Civic Organist Dr. Carol Williams will launch the Spreckels Organ Society’s Summer International Organ Festival at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 24 in Balboa Park.
June 19, 2013 - Southwest Riverside News Network
- Deal filed, hearing set in Pa. organist's murder
A hearing has been set at which a northern Pennsylvania man is scheduled to plead guilty to murdering his ex-wife, a church organist, during a service.
June 18, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling