- n solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels
- A series of articles was plenty on this topic; reading a whole book on the subject is an ordeal by ordure.
- This might be rendered in English as the deification of dirt, or the apotheosis of ordure, or just plain mud mysticism.
- It scarcely matters what time is assigned to these stories; the author's clock has stopped in the '30s, when naturalism reigned and bourgeois society was the ordure of the day.
- Piers Morgan in guardian.co.uk
The fact is I rarely feel pressure in the way the people think I must,Morgan wrote in this paper on Monday. "Give me a huge raging scoop with hideous complexities, and bitter jealous rivals queuing up to pour large quantities of ordure...