- n a musical organization consisting of a group of instrumentalists including string players
- n seating on the main floor in a theater
- MAESTRO: Dudamel has a gift for connecting with both orchestra and audience.
- For 20 years, a Chicago orchestra has held weekly rehearsals, given public concerts.
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) announced last week that it had chosen Alsop to be the orchestra's new conductor.
News & Articles
- Orchestra of the League of Composers Takes On a Challenge
The Orchestra of the League of Composers/I.S.C.M. performed two world premieres as part of its Monday program at the Miller Theater.
June 18, 2013 - New York Times
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Kicks Off Summer Season with Annual Star-Spangled Spectacular at Oregon Ridge, July 3 & 4
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will kick off its summer season and the region’s Independence Day celebrations with its annual Star-Spangled Spectacular, conducted by Maestro Robert Bernhardt on Wednesday, July 3 and Thursday, July 4 at 8 p.m. at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, Maryland. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10845547.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Community orchestra holding free summer concert Tuesday evening
The Lake Area Community Orchestra will stage one of its free summer concerts at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 18.
June 18, 2013 - Lake Sun Leader
- Martin Windrow in The Associated Press
Bigeard was personally fearless, tactically brilliant, and an intuitive master of terrain, who could conduct a battle by map and radio like the conductor of an orchestra. He inspired the absolute loyalty of his officers and men,said Windrow,...
- Leonard Slatkin in FOXNews
It's not a communicative device. It simply is programmed to do a sense of gestures,said Leonard Slatkin, the orchestra's musical director. "If the orchestra decides to go faster, there's nothing the robot can do about it. Hopefully, I keep...
- Seth MacFarlane in Washington Post
(We) did it at Carnegie Hall in New York,MacFarlane said, "and it was kind of an experimental crap shoot, and it went so well over there that we decided to do it out here for the Center Theatre Group in LA, with a big, 40-piece orchestra."