- n an instance of oratory
he delivered an oration on the decline of family values
- King's speech that day was a hypnotic oration on the sacred rights and powers of the vote.
- Sellers himself had a novelty hit with a rendition of "A Hard Day's Night" in the spot-on, spat-out manner of the "Winter of our discontent" oration from "Richard III" as memorably .
- Abolitionist and runaway slave Frederick Douglass gave a famous oration on the meaning of Independence Day, asking "What, to the American slave, is your Fourth of July?.
News & Articles
- Lower Merion seniors, 'Be Yourself, be genuine' (With Slideshow)
Three hundred twenty-eight Lower Merion seniors picked up their diplomas Tuesday evening at Hagan Arena of Saint Joseph’s University's campus. Among the speaker was a class oration by Itari Barsade, the Salutatory by Carter Rauch and the Valedictory speech by Jane Urheim who urged the seniors, “Be yourself, be genuine.”
June 12, 2013 - Main Line Times
- Out & About: June 11, 2013
St. Gabriel School in Windsor recently hosted an oration contest that included students from St. Gabriel School; St. Mary/St. Joseph School, Willimantic; St. Pius X School, Westerly, R.I.; St. John School, Old Saybrook; and St. Michael School, Pawcatuck.
June 11, 2013 - Journal Inquirer
- Sam Loxton in Melbourne Herald Sun
When I heard about Ricky Ponting delivering the Bradman oration I thought to myself, 'Dear oh dear, oh well, that's the way they do things these days',Loxton said. "I heard Ponting being interviewed on the wireless one day - it was after...
- Lyndon Johnson in TIME
Newly sworn in as President, Lyndon Johnson called for reform, claiming that "no memorial oration or eulogy could more eloquently honor President Kennedy's memory than the earliest passage of the civil rights bill for which he fought so long."
- David Maraniss in Slate
Perhaps not even Obama himself could have conjured up an oration so powerful on his behalf,Maraniss writes.