operatic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or characteristic of opera
- Under it, an operatic cast is seldom rehearsed as a unit.
- After that, for ten publicity-filled years, blue-eyed, 5-ft Maggie Teyte was America's operatic sweetheart.
- Even by the famously hot-blooded standards of opera, last week's passionate dramma giocoso at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City was positively -- well, operatic.
News & Articles
- Best Colorado shows this week, 6/14/2013: DeVotchKa, Telluride Bluegrass Festival
DeVotchKa's music lends itself to the addition of a full orchestra. String flourishes, operatic vocals, a bouncing sousaphone and an upright bass all give the band an orchestral feel.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- A Loaded Bible Story, Tweaked For The Opera Stage
Composer Mark Adamo has made beautiful music out of classic books. His Little Women is among the most produced American operas today. He also wrote the words and music for his operatic adaptation of Aristophanes' Greek drama, Lysistrata. His latest work, The Gospel of Mary Magdalene, has proven...
June 13, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Jonathan Allen, Gay 'America's Got Talent' Contestant, Wows Audience With His Powerful Voice (VIDEO)
Contestant Jonathan Allen took to the stage of "America's Got Talent" last night to display some seriously operatic pipes. Standing onstage, he revealed that his parents had kicked him out of the house on his 18th birthday for being gay.
June 12, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Gurbanguli Berdymukhamedov in ABC News
Our flourishing nation should not stand separate from the world,Berdymukhamedov told a group of Turkmen intellectuals at a meeting Saturday. "It absolutely should have a worthy operatic theater and a worthy state circus."
- Rob Tapert in Los Angeles Times
We tried to do the western, operatic version of violence and bloodshed,said Rob Tapert, who serves as executive producer with his creative partners, Joshua Donen and director Sam Raimi (Tapert is also Lawless' husband).
- Jon Favreau in Arizona Republic
I think you saw it happen after 9/11,Favreau said. "I don't think it's any coincidence that the era of Spiderman/Lord of the Rings, good-vs.-evil escapist fantasies, with very simple, operatic paradigms of good and evil playing it out in...