- n the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
they had lunch at one
- n a single person or thing
he is the best one
this is the one I ordered
- s used of a single unit or thing; not two or more
- s having the indivisible character of a unit
spoke with one voice
- s of the same kind or quality
two animals of one species
- s used informally as an intensifier
that is one fine dog
- s indefinite in time or position
he will come one day
one place or another
- s being a single entity made by combining separate components
three chemicals combining into one solution
- s eminent beyond or above comparison
she's one girl in a million
the one and only Muhammad Ali
- We nurse one another, romance one another, weep for one another.
- State legislatures got the one-man, one-vote reapportionment treatment from the Supreme Court four years ago.
- One might expect many Christians to leave it.