- r in an ominous manner
the sun darkened ominously
- In retrospect, the description sounds ominously prophetic.
- But more ominously, Israel claimed that, along with the weapons, Iranian-trained Hamas guerrillas came across at the same time presumably to operate the new weapons.
- Never have a pair of quotation marks loomed so ominously.
News & Articles
- A little bite of prison life
Untold truths and strife seem muted in the silent chamber hallways of Eastern State Penitentiary with its aged, cracking teal paint; broken-down cells, and, outside, layering moss. However, last Saturday - as the sun peaked through an ominously bleak, rain-threatened Philadelphia day - tourists were in for a real taste of what the life of an inmate was like.
June 14, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- ‘Cappies’ Showcase Our Best Hope
These are unsettling times, about as unsettling as it gets for a period when there are no major hot wars raging. The whistleblower revelations about the ominously pervasive reach of secret U.S. intelligence operations blanketing U.S. citizens should give any thinking person pause. The “uprising” in Turkey, being one of [...]
June 12, 2013 - Falls Church News-Press
- For Anyone Who Still Thinks Earnings Matter
As Mike Tyson once ominously noted, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face," and it seems the rampage of equity bulls have some plan that many more prosaic fundamental analysis-based investors are unaware of (as we showed here ). The 'punch' in the face will come; but in the meantime the following chart may be just the 'jab' that softens them up. As ThomsonReuters notes , of the ...
June 11, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Paul Krugman in Energy Collective (blog)
Today Nobelist Paul Krugman wrote of the Congressional debate over health care, "the fact that it was such a close thing shows that the Senate - and, therefore, the US government as a whole - has become ominously dysfunctional."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in CounterPunch
Just yesterday the snappish Vice President said, "It would be a serious mistake if a nation like Iran were to become a nuclear power. Then he added ominously, All options are still on the table."
- Peter Wright in Mirror.co.uk
Mr Wright said McKnight also told his friend that he and Swift wanted to join the army and then, "somewhat ominously, that they both hate society", he said.