- n a code of silence practiced by the Mafia; a refusal to give evidence to the police about criminal activities
- Omerta is the mythical code of silence.
- For 30 years Valachi kept faith with "omerta" the underworld's blood rule of silence.
- The current wave of Mob trials has benefited as well from the number of former gangsters who have proved willing to violate the Mafia's centuries-old tradition of omerta (silence .
News & Articles
- Alex Rodriguez: Lifetime ban or not, he's already dead
Being banned from baseball for life puts one in a refined crowd. You join Shoeless Joe Jackson, Chick Gandil, and the rest of the Black Sox crowd, including the most likely innocent Buck Weaver, whose career had to die so that the Commissioner could make the point that clubhouse omerta does not apply when it comes to throwing baseball games. You are one with Benny Kauff , the "Ty Cobb of the ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - SB Nation
- Aquilino Pimentel Jr in GMA news.tv
In a statement, Pimentel said Dela Paz tried to conceal the involvement of his superiors and seemed to be bound by the "Code of Omerta - a code of silence of a notorious gangster group in the United States - even if it would cost him his life."
- Dick Pound in International Herald Tribune
It became apparent pretty quickly that I needed to be provocative,Pound said. "There had been this whole sense of omerta, and if you don't discuss it, it doesn't exist. It's out of sight and out of mind and you can get by with all sorts of...
- Panfilo Lacson in Inquirer.net
Lacson said this was the reason "people are thinking this is a criminal syndicate masquerading as a government with its omerta (code of silence)."