ombudsman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a government appointee who investigates complaints by private persons against the government
- Is there an ombudsman in the house or do we, as a society, have to live with the fact that the newspaper read by the nation's business elite is willing to print blatant lies for .
- Initially, at least, New Zealand's commissioner would not have the broad investigative powers of Sweden's ombudsman, notably the right to scrutinize judicial and local government .
- Obama's new media boss, Joe Rospars, left, huddles with ombudsman Gray Brooks at campaign headquarters in Chicago.
News & Articles
- Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime Releases its 2011-2012 Annual Report in its Fifth Successful Year ...
The Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime today released its 2011-2012 Annual Report, outlining the recommendations, key achievements and activities of the Office in its work to assist victims ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Ombudsman information meeting for elderly, adults with disabilities
There will be an information meeting to explain the role of an ombudsman for area residents who qualify for the Family Care, Partnership or IRIS programs. These programs provide long-term care for elderly and adults with disabilities.
June 12, 2013 - Marshfield News Herald
- Canada's Taxpayers' Ombudsman Expands Reach to Taxpayers With Launch of Twitter Account
Canada's Taxpayers' Ombudsman, Mr. J. Paul Dube, launches his Office's Twitter account, expanding his reach to stakeholders.
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Tony Abbott in Sydney Morning Herald
Small businesses are often wedged between rules for individuals and rules for businesses because effectively they are so often individuals in business,Mr Abbott said. "This new ombudsman will be a policy advocate ...... and will also be...
- Pru Goward in Sydney Morning Herald
The Ombudsman will not be able to come to conclusions about failures in our child protection system because he is confined to looking at about 25 deaths a year,Ms Goward said.
- Gerry Kelly in BBC News
Sinn Fein's Gerry Kelly said: "The way in which the office of the police ombudsman has conducted this report reflects badly on them. There is now a job to rebuild public confidence in their work. This needs to start with the production of a report...