- n semisolid preparation (usually containing a medicine) applied externally as a remedy or for soothing an irritation
- n toiletry consisting of any of various substances in the form of a thick liquid that have a soothing and moisturizing effect when applied to the skin
- When ointment containing male sex hormones is rubbed into the comb of a capon, the listless, bedraggled cock gradually turns into a lusty, strutting rooster.
- An interferon-based ointment is under development in Israel.
- While her husband nurtures his publications, she runs their store, selling everything from writing materials to tea and coffee to a well-known homemade ointment for "the itch.
News & Articles
- Massive study yields answers on MRSA prevention
Bathing all intensive care unit patients with chlorhexidine soap and applying the antibiotic ointment mupirocin is a much more effective way of preventing methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections than the typical practice of screening patients for MRSA and then taking infection-control measures, said a cluster-randomized trial of nearly 75,000 patients at 75 ICUs across the country.
June 10, 2013 - American Medical Association