oed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles
News & Articles
- Big Data News: A Revolution Indeed
News last week that the term ?big data? was included in the quarterly online update of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED). So now we have a most authoritative definition of what recently became big news: ?data of a very large size, typically to the extent that its manipulation and management present significant logistical challenges.?
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- “Tweet,” “Crowdsourcing,” Added To Oxford English Dictionary
Need to check if crowdsourcing is one word or two? Now you can look it up in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED).
June 18, 2013 - CBS Dallas - Fort Worth
- Oxford English Dictionary adds the words 'tweet,' 'e-book'
The OED bent the rules slightly by adding 'tweet' in under 10 years – a nod to the word's rapid and widespread rise into everyday usage.
June 17, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- John Simpson in Times Online
John Simpson, Chief Editor of the OED at Oxford University Press, said: "In 1879 Sir James Murray, the OED's original editor, appealed to 'the English-speaking and English-reading public' for volunteers to hunt for evidence of words to be added to...