- n the likelihood of a thing occurring rather than not occurring
- n the ratio by which one better's wager is greater than that of another
he offered odds of two to one
- Hillary has remained at almost even odds for weeks, probably due to the public's fixed view of her, but other candidates' odds can change because of a single Daily Show .
- The Odds: Toothy smile, lack of any detectable personality the odds are long.
- Something called the multiverse hypothesis in cosmology speculates that ours may be but one in a cascade of universes, suddenly bettering the odds that life could have cropped up .
News & Articles
- Manziel the favorite? Sizing up '13 Heisman odds
It’s worth noting that Sheridan told AL.com that his odds are not predictions; otherwise, Miller would be significantly lower on his list. “Is [Miller] as good as Manziel?” Sheridan asked. “He’s not even in the same league with Manziel, or Yeldon or Murray.
June 14, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- US Open Odds 2013: Showcasing Stars with Best Vegas Chances to Win
According to Vegas, Tiger Woods , Matt Kuchar and Phil Mickelson have the best odds to win the 2013 U.S. Open. It's important to note that a betting favorite doesn't always win. In the past five years, underdogs have claimed the U.S. Open three times—Lucas Glover in 2009, Graeme McDowell in 2010 and Webb Simpson in 2012. U.S. Open Odds for Top Contenders Golfer Odds Tiger Woods 5-1 Phil ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Defying the odds: Despite having two surgeries, Rey Carrion shows determination in his comeback
Lorain’s Rey Carrion has defied all odds. Carrion, a second-year catcher on the Lorain County Ironmen, has taken one of the most unique paths of any player calling The Pipe Yard their home.
June 13, 2013 - The Morning Journal
- Steve Jobs in BusinessWeek
We love the Beatles, and it has been painful being at odds with them over these trademarks,said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "It feels great to resolve this in a positive manner, and in a way that should remove the potential of further...
- John Ensign in BusinessWeek
In Las Vegas most people know that the odds are stacked against them,Ensign said. "On Wall Street they manipulate the odds while you're playing the game."
- Yang Yong-eun in AFP
He has won 70 times. I've only won once. So 70-1 odds,Yang said. "I might as well go for broke."