obsessive-compulsive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person with obsessive-compulsive characteristics
- s characterized by obsessions and compulsions
- The swimmer's approach to training is a touch obsessive-compulsive.
- Other children are receiving diagnoses and medication for obsessive-compulsive disorder, social-anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), pathological impulsiveness .
- In another trial Rezai and colleagues at Brown University implanted DBS electrodes in 10 patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
News & Articles
- Housing options for people with mental health issues vary greatly across Ohio
For years in Richmond, Va., and then Newark, Ohio, Larry Racette spent his Supplemental Security Income check on booze and drugs to mask his schizoid personality disorder, dissociative fugue, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
June 16, 2013 - Fremont News-Messenger
- 10 Signs You May Have OCD
Hooked on hand sanitizer? Closet organized to a T? Quirks like this can usually be chalked up to personality or preference, but in some cases they may point to a more serious issue: obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), a condition marked by obsessive thoughts and compulsions that affects about 1 percent of U.S. adults.
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Brain circuits link obsessive-compulsive behavior and obesity
( University of Iowa Health Care ) A University of Iowa-led study suggests that the brain circuits that control obsessive-compulsive behavior are intertwined with circuits that control food intake and body weight. The team bred mice with a genetic mutation known to cause obesity, and suspected to also be involved in compulsive behavior, with a genetic mouse model of compulsive grooming. The ...
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Carrie Underwood in China Daily
I'm slightly obsessive-compulsive about what I eat, more than I should be,Underwood told Glamour magazine.
- Donnie Wahlberg in Pittsburgh Post Gazette
My character is young and confident and a little quirky,Wahlberg said Tuesday afternoon before a session at the TV critics press tour for his upcoming A&E movie "Kings of South Beach." "He's got some obsessive-compulsive things. He's sort...
- Francis Collins in Los Angeles Times
The genetics of obsessive-compulsive disorder and other mental illnesses are likely to be very complex -- and very difficult to study in humans,said Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at the National...