observed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- v make mention of
She observed that his presentation took up too much time
- v observe with care or pay close attention to
- v watch attentively
- v show respect towards
- v behave as expected during of holidays or rites
- v follow with the eyes or the mind
- v stick to correctly or closely
- v conform one's action or practice to
- s discovered or determined by scientific observation
no explanation for the observed phenomena
- Though primates have been observed trading grooming for food sharing or infant care, this is the first time this kind of exchange has been observed between male and female primates .
- By the time researchers published their paper in The Astrophysical Journal in May, the supernova had been observed in the sky for eight straight months.
- Breuer had earlier observed Leah (named inexactly after Princess Leia of Star Wars) using a crude tool another first testing out the depth of a pond with a long stick .
News & Articles
- HAVE YOU CONSIDERED...
Father’s Day was observed by my family and hopefully by yours also. Wow! It sure gives a fellow a warm fuzzy feeling to receive expressions of attention, appreciation, and love from those he is privileged to have call him dad. No words or gifts mean as much as having a son or daughter say to you: “I am so very proud YOU are my dad, and God made you a part of my life.” read more
June 17, 2013 - Gaffney Ledger
- Space History Photo: North American X-15 Model
A scale model of the X-15 is observed in drop tests inside a wind tunnel.
June 17, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Paul Soros, 87, entrepreneur whose family evaded Nazis
NEW YORK — When Paul Soros, as a young engineer, observed that large cargo ships could not get to shallow-water piers to load and unload, he came up with a radical solution: take the piers to the ships.
June 17, 2013 - Boston Globe
- George Mitchell in Leading The Charge
McNamee stated that, during this luncheon, he observed Clemens, Canseco, and another person he did not know meeting inside Canseco's house, although McNamee did not personally attend that meeting,the Mitchell Report says.
- Ratan Tata in Independent
Speaking at the unveiling of the car at a motor show in Delhi, Tata chairman Ratan Tata said: "I observed families riding on two-wheelers - the father driving the scooter, his young kid standing in front of him, his wife seated behind him holding a...
- Barack Obama in USA Today
Obama said he had great confidence that under CalderÃ³n "human rights will be observed."