obscenity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the trait of behaving in an obscene manner
- n an offensive or indecent word or phrase
- n an obscene act
- Yes, it would probably still be an obscenity.
- When fired for obscenity I was in the middle of a five-part series on knitting.
- Some of the comments on YouTube make you weep for the future of humanity just for the spelling alone, never mind the obscenity and the naked hatred.
- George Carlin in TIME
The whole problem with this idea of obscenity and indecency, and all of these things - bad language and whatever - it's all caused by one basic thing, and that is: religious superstition,Carlin told the AP in a 2004 interview. "There's an...
- Soli Sorabjee in Guardian Unlimited
The order is ridiculous. Even if this hugging and kissing was a bit vulgar, it does not amount to obscenity,India's former attorney general Soli Sorabjee told The Associated Press.
- Benjamin Chavis in New York Press
Simmons and Benjamin Chavis, co-chairmen of the advocacy group Hip-Hop Summit Action Network, said in a statement, "These three words should be considered with the same objections to obscenity as extreme curse words."