obedient : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a dutifully complying with the commands or instructions of those in authority; the refractory remain unburdened"- Edmund Burke
an obedient soldier
a little man obedient to his wife
the obedient colonies...are heavily taxed
- Children must be totally obedient.
- Other gay leaders of the day obedient folks who toiled quietly for a hostile Democratic Party thought it more important to work with straight allies who could, it was .
- He was attractive, an excellent speaker, pleasant, and obedient.
News & Articles
- Thanks to the Scouts
A Boy Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. There’s no mention of sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
July 6, 2013 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Kim Yong Nam in AsiaNews.it
The [six-nation] talks ...... came to a permanent end because the US and the majority of the obedient parties to the talks abandoned this principle,said Kim Yong-nam, president of North Korea's Supreme People's Assembly and North Korea's...
- Troy Polamalu in San Francisco Chronicle
The leaders on our team - James Farrior, Deshea Townsend, Hines Ward - they understand what it takes to be successful. What it takes is obediency,Polamalu said. "We're a very obedient team. You could tell us to do anything (and) we'll do...
- Warren Jeffs in Forbes
You need to encourage her to be happy. God has put this marriage together. You need to encourage her to be submissive and obedient,Jeffs said, according to Musser.