oaxaca : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a city of southeastern Mexico
News & Articles
- Renowned photographer Hector Oaxaca Acosta dies in Juárez at 87 years old
Hector Oaxaca Acosta, an award-winning photographer of 67 years in Juárez, died late Monday after an illness, his family said.
June 12, 2013 - El Paso Times
- Hester Street Fair at the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival; Push-Up Pops at Public Fare
• Monday, June 17, is the opening of the Hester Street Fair at HBO's Bryant Park Summer Film Festival. Grab a blanket and head to the 5 p.m. lawn screening of Tootsie with lobster rolls from Luke's , Handsome Dan's cotton candy, and tacos from Oaxaca Taqueria . The series will run every Monday evening from 4 to 10 p.m. until August 19. [Grub Street] • Crown is launching a new summer happy-hour ...
June 12, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Exchange student learns sustainable gardening
In the small town of Mitla Oaxaca in Mexico, a little girl drew inspiration from her grandmother's colorful garden more than 10 years ago. Though the family wasn't very wealthy, the dinner table was always filled with fresh and nutritious foods.
June 10, 2013 - Merced Sun-Star
- Mel Gibson in NEWS.com.au
Years go by, you're fine,Gibson said. "And then all of a sudden, in a heartbeat, in an instant, on an impulse, somebody shoves a glass of Mescal in front of your nose, and says, 'It's from Oaxaca'. And it's burning its way through your...
- Irene Khan in Washington Post
The rights group "firmly believes that the federal government cannot avoid its responsibility to guarantee the protection of human rights in the state of Oaxaca," said Khan.