nylon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thermoplastic polyamide; a family of strong resilient synthetic fibers
- n a synthetic fabric
- A process to make new nylon out of old was announced last month by Du Pont.
- Du Pont is cooking up surprises in nylon.
- A sensational product of the waning '303 was Du Font's "nylon," an artificial silk billed as a formidable rival to natural Japanese silk.
News & Articles
- Police investigate origin of bones in Idaho garden
The Post Register reports Idaho Falls resident Jim Jarvie found two bone fragments on Saturday - shortly after finding pieces of duct tape, rope and what looked like a woman's nylon sock.
June 11, 2013 - KBOI-TV Boise
- Best Bet: Sculptural Nylon Whisks
For fans of the multifunctional kitchen tool—be it a Swiss Army–style grater or convertible blender/mixer/slow cooker—the real beauty of these sculptural nylon whisks ($18 at gretelhome.com) is their transformability. Thanks to a gliding, contrast-colored ring, you can expand the prongs for whipping custard as easily as you shorten them to ... More »
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Nylon Foam offers silicone alternative for gaskets and seals.
Consisting of closed cell, cross linked foam based on Nylon 6, N3000 exhibits structural rigidity, even at high temperatures, allowing it to be fabricated into simple or complex shapes for automotive and industrial seals, gaskets, or thermal insulation. Independent testing demonstrated virtually no shrinkage when N3000 was exposed to temperatures up to 410°F for 24 hr. Available in 39 x 78 in ...
June 6, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Mark Richards in The Australian
It's made out of different material and is quite fast,Richards said of the spinnaker he and his crew will hoist as soon as the wind exceeds 18 knots and which has been tested offshore in the lead-up to the race. "When a nylon chute...
- Dries van Noten in AFP
The coats look tweed but in fact they are linen and nylon,Van Noten said of his collection.