- n a registered nurse who has received special training as a midwife
- Trained as a nurse-midwife during the 1960s in New York City's Harlem and in Dayton, Ohio, she spent the early years of her career in the trenches, caring for women and girls .
- Her nurse-midwife Bonnie Frontino discovered her picture on what looked like WANTED posters all around her neighborhood; sheriffs began patrolling the area of her house.
- Nursing has long had such specialists as the nurse-midwife and the nurse-anesthetist who assisted at surgery.
News & Articles
- Volunteering is Stephenson’s ‘Christian duty’
When Becky Stephenson moved to Tahlequah 28 years ago, delivering babies was her main interest. Stephenson is a certified nurse-midwife at Cherokee Nation Hastings Hospital, and is also an active volunteer.
July 9, 2013 - Tahlequah Daily Press