- n (Roman Catholic Church) a diplomatic representative of the Pope having ambassadorial status
- After posts in several Central American countries, Pope Pius XII appointed him nuncio to Brazil in 1946, where he is remembered for his warmth, wit and sharp judgment.
- Since 1943 tall, jolly Joseph Lefebvre has been Archbishop of Bourges, made a favorable impression on the Pope when John was papal nuncio to France.
- He became nuncio to Haiti and the Dominican Republic in 1931, to Argentina from 1936 to 1953, when he returned to Rome as nuncio to Italy.
- Stanislaw Wielgus in Catholic News Service
Archbishop Stanislaw Wielgus, who resigned in early January after serving for just two days as archbishop of Warsaw, told the Polish Catholic information agency, KAI, "In connection with media accusations that I gave the apostolic nuncio in Poland a...
- Peter Obi in Daily Sun
The cardinal is a troglodyte. My candidate was Mario Moronta. He is the one who should be Venezuela's supercardinal. Nuncio, please tell your Holiness that as long as we have these bishops we feel that we will be far away from the hierarchy of the... Hugo ChÃ¡vez http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Ch%C3%A1vez&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGgIfYcLTQOHP1hK2CT5n6eL75qJQ El Universal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://english.eluniversal.com/2010/07/06/en_pol_esp_president-chavez-reb_06A4140971.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFfsP2EWdQ6_xsz-MgkYDa44x0ieg Jul 6, 2010
68665 91648 nuncio In this Bacillica, we witnessed the ordination of the first Papal Nuncio in Anambra State and now the conclusion of the first world Year of Priests taking place in Anambra State. We thank the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria for their...