numeracy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n skill with numbers and mathematics
- Among other things that have changed since the '60s is the corporate culture, which once valued literacy, numeracy, high GPAs and the ability to construct a simple sentence.
- There people with literacy or numeracy problems learn to write, read maps and complete official forms.
- He's also made familiar right-of-center noises on education, foreshadowing national standards for literacy and numeracy, and plain-speaking school reports.
News & Articles
- OECD: Americans lacking in basic skills
Just because we spend a lot of time in school doesn't mean we're smart. American adult proficiency in literacy, numeracy and problem solving ranks as some of the lowest among developed countries, despite a relatively high level of education, according to a recent survey. In literacy, the United States came in 9th out of 13 industrialized countries surveyed, according to a report from the ...
Oct. 25, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio