novena : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Roman Catholic devotion consisting of prayers on nine consecutive days
- To Roman Catholics a novena is an act of faith which is performed by saying nine prayers or series of prayers, usually in hope of gaining special material or spiritual rewards.
- Last winter Father Keane's novena began getting publicity when 16,500 people attended it every Friday, each making nine devotions in succession to the Virgin, in hope of spiritual .
- It must be one of the few places in the world since the end of the Second Vatican Council where a Wednesday night novena can snarl traffic for miles around.
- Richard J Codey in Tri-Town News
We're no different than a whole host of states out there,Codey told the Times in a stunningly cynical and cavalier statement. "When I was governor we used to say a weekly novena that the stock market would go up and increase the fund's...
- Corazon Aquino in ABS CBN News
I wish to thank everyone who attended the novena mass today and those who continue to pray for my mother's healing,Sen. Aquino said.