nothings : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n inconsequential conversation
they traded a few nothings as they parted
- n a quantity of no importance
- They can murmur sweet nothings and read your e-mails, too.
- It's all much ado about nothing -- two nothings to be exact, the two zeros that represent the year 2000 in many of the world's critically important computer systems.
- The latest installment of the Silvio Show featured a series of leaked audio recordings of his apparent sweet nothings and some very spicy something with an admitted high .
News & Articles
- If Only the Monsters University Writers Had Taken a Quick Sendak Seminar
Terrorizing children in their bedrooms remains the existential concern of the toothy blobs, hams and pom-pom-furred Wild Things that populate Monsters movies, many of whom look like gummy nothings long stuck to the bottom of Pixar's junk drawer. Their very lives depend upon coaxing night-s...
June 19, 2013 - Dallas Observer
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Nothings easier than railing up a crowd by stoking anger and division,Obama told the Ohio crowd, "But that's not what we need right now in the United States. The times are too serious."
- Malcolm Turnbull in Reuters
This is about the future of our planet and the future of our children and their children. It is one of the great challenges of our time,Turnbull told reporters. "We cannot be seen as a party of climate sceptics, of do-nothings on climate...
- Jim Oberstar in ABC News
In an interview with Congressional Quarterly, Oberstar said that LaHood "had the temerity to think......and what did he get? Slapped down. He's a good man. A decent man. Don't let him get slapped down by know-nothings."