notably : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r especially; in particular
notably in the social sciences, the professors teach too much
- As for its length, well, Infinite Jest is about the way we fill up our loneliness with obsessions--notably tennis and movies--and addictions--notably drugs--and how those .
- Allegations of torture had even resulted in investigations by international sports governing bodies, most notably soccer's FIFA, but these had failed to produce conclusive evidence .
- For years, Australia's government refused to apologize to Aborigines for past wrongs done to them most notably, the systematic removal of children from their parents, an .
News & Articles
- In the home stretch to 100 years
At a time in history when women were beginning to assert their independence, most notably by winning the right to vote in 1920, it should not seem surprising that in Shelby County a group of women were responsible for promoting the Shelby County Homemakers Association.
June 12, 2013 - The Shelbyville News
- German Market Notably Lower After BoJ Decision
The German market is notably lower on Tuesday, after Bank of Japan failed to expand stimulus measures and upgraded its view of the economy.
June 11, 2013 - RTT News
- Twitter notably absent from NSA PRISM list
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter was notably missing from a leaked list of Internet giants reported to be cooperating with The National Security Agency and the FBI on the surveillance program dubbed PRISM.
June 7, 2013 - 9 News Denver
- Barack Obama in USA Today
Clearly, Judd and I don't agree on every issue, most notably who should have won the election,Obama joked during a brief White House ceremony. "But we agree on the urgent need to get American businesses and families back on their feet."
- Nicolas Sarkozy in USA Today
We must put an end to the arms traffic,French President Nicolas Sarkozy said. "Several of our countries have proposed ...... to make available to Israel and Egypt all the technical, diplomatic and military - notably naval - means to help...
- Hu Jintao in Forbes
During this period, China's overall strength grew considerably and the people enjoyed more tangible benefits. China's international standing and influence rose notably,Hu said.