northwester : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wind from the northwest
- s situated in or oriented toward the northwest
- s coming from the northwest
- Bucking a biting northwester and 17 male experts, including the Eastern and New York State Champions, she finished in a tie for first place in the Class B event.
- On one calamitous day early in 1953, a howling northwester teamed with a wild spring tide.
- The start off Newport came in a spanking northwester, and a too-daring majority of crews broke out their spinnakers.