- Crick had migrated from physics into chemistry and biology, fascinated by the line "between the living and the nonliving.
- The proponents of artificial life want their life-forms to create themselves, to emerge from nonliving components just as life on earth arose from the primordial ooze.
- Pardon the personal question, but have you ever had a sexual fantasy involving the use of a nonliving object--Anna Kournikova's tennis outfit, say, or Tom Cruise's Risky Business .
News & Articles
- Fourth-graders at Montgomery Avenue Elementary learn about ecosystems
Students in Mrs. Christine Campenni's and Mrs. Donna Kleback's fourth-grade classes at Montgomery Avenue Elementary School in West Pittston recently completed a unit on ecosystems. Students studied how the living and nonliving things in ecosystems interact. As part of this unit, students completed ecosystem group projects. Each...
March 8, 2014 - Times Leader
- George Dyson in San Jose Mercury News
It's impossible to draw a precise distinction between living and nonliving things,George Dyson, a science historian at the University of Washington in Seattle, writes in a forthcoming book, "Dangerous Ideas."