nonlethal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s not capable of causing death
- The Pentagon's effort to create nonlethal weapons that hurt but don't kill has set off its own fire storm.
- The tape which Guantnamo officials should consider as a method of nonlethal torture was a rambling (and fake) voice-mail message that purported to invite the listener to .
- He had taken two nonlethal bullets in his lower extremities, only to perish of smoke inhalation.
News & Articles
- Editorial: With Syria, it's crunch time for Barack Obama
President Barack Obama’s preferred strategy on the Syrian civil war was to temporize, providing modest amounts of nonlethal military aid to the rebels, refugee assistance to Turkey and encouragement to Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the rebels’ main arms suppliers.
June 11, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Herman Goering in Reuters
Our concern is a lot of people are dying after they're shocked and Tasers are being marketed as a nonlethal devise,Amnesty International's Curt Goering told Reuters.
- Brian Baird in kgw.com (registration)
The best and most sincere efforts to dissuade these creatures with nonlethal measures just have not worked,said US Rep. Brian Baird, D-Wash., who has led a bipartisan effort with US Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Wash., to find a solution.
- Anthony Zinni in Christian Science Monitor
Our experience in Somalia with nonlethal weapons offered ample testimony to the tremendous flexibility they offer to warriors on the field of battle,Zinni explained later.