nonkosher : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s not conforming to dietary laws
- To meet orthodox dietary prohibitions, flights are scheduled so that Jewish passengers will not be stranded at mealtime in such nonkosher cities as Teheran and Athens.
- Question to be resolved: if a nonkosher enzyme is permissible in honey, should it not also be permissible in cheese? The law is generally understood by Orthodox rabbis as .
- Two of its chief planks: strict observance of the Sabbath, and a ban on importation of nonkosher meat.
- Walter Scheib in International Herald Tribune
It involved burning off the kitchen, applying flame to open surfaces ...... and using pots and pans that had never been used for nonkosher dishes. It's a fairly daunting proposition,Scheib said. "We did it all under rabbinical...