- n the fifth of the seven canonical hours; about 3 p.m.
- n a canonical hour that is the ninth hour of the day counting from sunrise
- n a service in the Roman Catholic Church formerly read or chanted at 3 PM (the ninth hour counting from sunrise) but now somewhat earlier
- The nones the seventh; all besides .
News & Articles
- Swimming against a demographic tide
If demographics are destiny, then 42-year-old Kaya Oakes and 31-year-old Chris Haw ought to be among the “nones,” those who are disenchanted with institutional religion and certainly beyond the borders of Roman Catholicism. Everyone knows the church is bleeding members, especially young members.
July 22, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter