nob : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n informal term for an upper-class or wealthy person
- Maybe we'll decide that Republicans, who hob-nob with rich business leaders all the time, are therefore better inured against their more inappropriate requests.
- Nick, with the gimlet stare and the thin taut lips, is at first flummoxed by this amiable alien element: where the police station has a "swear box" (saying "nob" gets you a 10p .
News & Articles
- Semi vs. car crash ties up I-82 near Nob Hill
Wed, 12 Jun 2013 23:04:37 GMT Yakima Herald-Republic YAKIMA, Wash. — Traffic was brought to a standstill when a semi-truck collided with a passenger vehicle on Interstate 82 near the Nob Hill Boulevard interchange. Lt. Tom Foster of the Washington State Patrol said preliminary reports suggested the crash, w...
June 12, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Three trans people help rob business
Three transgender people are among those suspected in robbing a Lower Nob Hill business late Tuesday, June 11. At 10:23 p.m. Tuesday, the suspects entered a business in the 200 block of Post Street and grabbed a purse, two wallets, and a scarf, a San Francisco Police Department summary says. As they were leaving with [...]
June 12, 2013 - Bay Area Reporter
- Alameda city briefs: Prosecutors drop charges against Henneberry
DA drops charges against HenneberryThe Alameda County District Attorney's office has dropped charges against Planning Board member and union official Mike Henneberry that stemmed from his arrest in November during the strike against Raley's and Nob Hill.
June 12, 2013 - Contra Costa Times