- n (Hinduism and Buddhism) the beatitude that transcends the cycle of reincarnation; characterized by the extinction of desire and suffering and individual consciousness
- n any place of complete bliss and delight and peace
- Among the gallery's most glorious artifacts are depictions of bodhisattvas those who deliberately postpone their passage to nirvana, Buddhists believe, in order to help others .
- In truth, European health care is neither the nirvana of Michael Moore's imagination, nor the publicly funded money pits that so scare conservatives.
- The theologian Ashvaghosha's ancient epic courses over 80 years, the entirety of the Buddha's journey toward nirvana and death.
News & Articles
- Great Moments In #Unplug History
From Siddhartha Gautama to Thoreau to Mozart, and Kerouac to Jobs, Jordan, Nirvana, and the current cover of Fast Company, there is a deep tradition of turning off in order to power on. Before you seek your own #unplug path, find inspiration in these electrifying examples. After one week of his digital detox for our current cover story, Baratunde Thurston, who is in his own words an author ...
June 20, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Long-closed punk-rock bar still has a fan in new building owner
Mark Verge remembers going to downtown L.A.'s grungy Al's Bar, which hosted the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Nirvana. He sees the building as a fun project. Aspiring punk-rock and alternative bands packed patrons into grungy Al's Bar in downtown Los Angeles throughout the 1980s and 1990s, making it one of the West Coast's best-known venues for hearing edgy music of the era.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Wendy Dager: A lineup of the usual suspects beyond number
A good part of our lives is spent waiting in line, unless you are a politician or a celebrity. Then you get rushed through — perhaps because you have somehow achieved the equivalent of queue nirvana — so as not to suffer claustrophobia and plantar fasciitis with the rest of us pitiful mortals.
June 19, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Ingrid Betancourt in ABC News
Nirvana, paradise -- that must be very similar to what I feel at this moment,Betancourt said, fighting back tears as her son reached over to kiss her. "It was because of them that I kept up my will to get out of that jungle."
- Courtney Love in Rolling Stone
We're going to remain very tasteful, and we're going to [retain] the spirit of Nirvana and take Nirvana places it's never been before,says Love.
- David Ben-Gurion in Jerusalem Post
It's kind of cool, knowing that I've been on an album cover, but I feel pretty normal about it because growing up, I've always known I was the Nirvana baby. It never really struck me like, 'Oh, shit, that's me on the cover.' It's always just been... Spencer Elden http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Elden&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHCcIys145JJujkhKWNUP_HTabAnA Independent http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article2883867.ece&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHS1A0cBK-utpR0Oh7r6YmAFiFjeA Aug 21, 2007
67741 90291 nisan As Ben Gurion told the diplomatic jury in 1947: Jews worldwide still eat matza for seven days from the 15th of Nisan, and retell the story of the Exodus, concluding with the fervent wish, 'Next Year in Jerusalem.' This is the nature of the Jewish...