ninety : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the product of ten and nine
- s being ten more than eighty
- Statistics published by the Paris Prefecture of Police show that ninety per cent of 190 murders for love or jealousy went unpunished last year.
- Nineteen ninety-eight was the year Linux came into its own.
- The northern-hairy nose wombat weighs up to ninety pounds and can measure more than three feet in length.
News & Articles
- Gays find more US tolerance
Ninety-two percent of gay US adults say society is more tolerant than ever of their sexual orientation, even as almost 40 percent have kept it hidden from their own father, a poll has found. The survey released yesterday by the Pew Research Center is the most comprehensive study of lesbian...
June 14, 2013 - New York Post
- Southern Hospitality: Montgomery Capital Civitan Club gathers for luncheon
Ninety-seven years young this year, Georgette Sadler has maintained active membership in the Montgomery Capital Civitan Club since it was organized in August 1985.
June 14, 2013 - Montgomery Advertiser
- Gay Community Feels Growing Acceptance
Ninety-two percent of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender adults in the U.S. say society has become more accepting of them in the past decade, according to a new Pew survey.
June 13, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- J Edgar Hoover in International Herald Tribune
The index now contains approximately twelve thousand individuals, of which approximately ninety-seven percent are citizens of the United States,Hoover wrote in the now-declassified document. "In order to make effective these apprehensions,...
- Abd al-Karim Qasim in Guardian Unlimited
Brig. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, the Iraqi military spokesman, said, "We have not seen such a wave of attacks since the security plan began. These are terrorist challenges. Ninety-five percent of those killed today were civilians."
- Frederick Douglass in USAID (press release)
We should not forget that the freedom you and I enjoy today is largely due to the brave stand taken by the black sons of Haiti ninety years ago : striking for their freedom, they struck for the freedom of every black man in the world,said...