- n (ethnic slur) extremely offensive name for a Black person
- In ten or 15 years, he predicts, as these addicts continue to lose substantia nigra cells as part of the normal aging process, California may become the scene of a Parkinson's .
- Until now, however, that audacity has been limited to illnesses that attack narrowly circumscribed parts of the brain: the substantia nigra, for example, whose destruction causes .
- But the book picks up whenever Jones gets back to his snapshots of Company G: two Southerners laboriously discussing when a "nigra" is good or bad; men so purposeless that they .
News & Articles
- Birch is Tree of Distinction
An excellent example of a River Birch (Betula nigra) is found among the landscaping on the corner of the Enterprise Rental business. The Crossville Tree Board would like to call attention to this great species of Eastern trees.
June 28, 2013 - Crossville Chronicle
- Strom Thurmond in The Union Leader
After all Strom Thurmond is the man who said: "I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigra race into our theaters, into our swimming...
- Reggie Jackson in New York Times
I was colored,Jackson said of his youth in the 1950s. "I was Negro. I was 'Nigra.' I was African-American. I was black. I was multicultural."