niche : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a position particularly well suited to the person who occupies it
he found his niche in the academic world
- n a small concavity
- n an enclosure that is set back or indented
- n (ecology) the status of an organism within its environment and community (affecting its survival as a species)
- As major carriers cut service, niche airlines--some with quirky personalities--are winning new customers.
- Niche perfumes were only 9% of that market, but their sales have risen 60% since 2005, says Karen Grant of market-research firm NPD--especially striking since most niche brands .
- European niche brands are bringing innovation and quirky ideas back to beauty counters on both sides of the Atlantic.
News & Articles
- The Niche petitions to sell beer, wine
The Niche Market and Café in Appleby is in the early stages of applying for a local option election that would allow the restaurant to serve beer and wine.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- NYSC Renovating Gyms to Keep Up with Niche Industry
Town Sports International -owned New York Sports Clubs is in the process of renovating its existing city locations by removing bulky weight-lifting equipment and adding CrossFit -like training areas – a move that reflects its struggle to compete with the insurgence of a niche fitness industry. Crain’s reported that so far 22 of the chain’s 39 Manhattan Read More
June 13, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Amerinet’s Niche/New Technology Event Showcases Emerging Solutions and Companies
Amerinet Inc., a leading national healthcare solutions organization, held its annual Niche/New Technology/Diversity Show at the recent Amerinet Member Conference in Orlando, Florida, where Amerinet members, affiliates, sales teams and management met with emerging technology and diversity suppliers. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10819966 ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Norman Corwin in The Associated Press
Radio has been relegated to programs like Rush Limbaugh and other talk shows and (on the music side) niche formats,said Corwin, who has worked in and followed the broadcast industry for more than 70 years.
- Glen Davis in USA Today
Since I have been with the Celtics, I have been trying to find my niche in our system,said Davis.
- Jerry Colangelo in USA Today
It's an opportunity for players who fall into that kind of a niche or category to have an option available to them,Colangelo said. "So it's a players' market."