newsreader : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who reads out broadcast news bulletin
- Your newsreader does the rest, a sort of e-dog that fetches new headlines as soon as they're available.
- So she worked her way up from radio disc jockey and newsreader to TV reporter and local anchor in Houston and Philadelphia; she put in 16-hour days to eliminate any chance that .
- He calls it "lazy RP," using less precision than a newsreader.
News & Articles
- WATCH: He is Ron Burgundy, and he is back in the new Anchorman 2 trailer
Youtube The world's best-loved - and most-coiffed - newsreader is back in the long-anticipated sequel to The Anchorman. Nearly 10 years after the smash hit original, Will Ferrell's moustachioed broadcasting legend Ron Burgundy has reunited with his old team for a brand new assignment. Paul Rudd returns as...
June 19, 2013 - New York Post
- The First Full Trailer Of 'Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues' Is Here
Ron Burgundy and the gang are back for another big screen adventure. In round two, the mustached newsreader finds himself taking on a 24-hour news station in the '80s with the same ego and inappropriate charm, just better hair. New pals Meagan Good and James Marsden also join the cast. Directed by Adam McKay and produced by Judd Apatow, Anchorman 2 is set to hit theaters Dec. 20. Watch the ...
June 19, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Terry Wogan in The Sun
And Sir Terry, who has an audience of nearly 8million for his Radio 2 breakfast show, added: "Before you start with the, 'Fair play old boy, there's more to it than that!', I was a radio and TV newsreader and there isn't."
- David Tennant in Scottish Daily Record
Tennant said: "I would still rather have Gordon Brown than David Cameron. I would rather have a Prime Minister who is the cleverest person in the room than a Prime Minister who looks good in a suit. He's a regional newsreader who will jump on...
- Mark Thompson in The Sun
Defending the decision to axe her, Mr Thompson replied: "I want to refute the suggestion that ageism, sexism or racism are factors in this decision." "The traditional role of the newsreader, as opposed to correspondent or presenter, has...