- n a broadcast of news or commentary on the news
- Nearly a year after taking over ABC's second-place evening newscast, Charles Gibson is neck and neck in the ratings with NBC's Brian Williams, and Gibson recently won ABC its first .
- Next Wednesday, CBS is finally enacting that much-predicted revolution in primetime programming: a primetime newscast.
- There have not been sufficient new developments to keep it as the lead story on every television newscast (or even to keep it IN every newscast).
- Katie Couric in Wall Street Journal
In a separate statement provided by another spokeswoman, Ms. Couric said, "I am working hard and having fun. My colleagues continue to impress me with their commitment to the newscast, and I am very proud of the show we put on every day."
- Mika Brzezinski in The Australian
Listen, I just don't believe in covering that story, especially not as the lead story in a newscast when you have a day like today,Brzezinski said on the air.