newel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the post at the top or bottom of a flight of stairs; it supports the handrail
- n the central pillar of a circular staircase
- At Boston's elaborate summer Arts Festival, the Grand Prize went to a sculptor, Gilbert Franklin, for his safely modern Beach Figure, clean-lined and anonymous as a newel post.
- Mia Farrow's measurements are closely akin to a newel post's.
- The place is a continuous collage, from the ground floor workroomsa former garage filled with stacks of the owner's working material: wood slats, newel posts, balls .
News & Articles
- Places to find music
The quartet that bears the festival's name performs at the Garth Newel Music Center in Bath County. To mark its 40th anniversary, the music center will have a regular program of chamber concerts on Saturdays and Sundays from the end of June until Sept. 1. / Washington Post
June 16, 2013 - The Staunton News Leader
- Authorities nab suspect in several burglaries
Terah Kamal Jones, 25, was arrested at a Newel Street address in west Savannah Wednesday night by members of the U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Task Force and Central Precinct detectives.
June 13, 2013 - WTOC 11 Savannah
- UPDATE: Police arrest Savannah burglary suspect
A man being sought by Savannah-Chatham police in connection with burlgaries was arrested Wednesday night.Terah Kamel Jones, 25, was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force and metro police at a Newel Street address in west Savannah.
June 12, 2013 - Savannah Morning News