- a affecting or characteristic of both neural and muscular tissue
- At the University of California at Davis, psychologist Robert Emmons found they improve physical health, raise energy levels and, for patients with neuromuscular disease, relieve .
- Niven suffers from a progressive neuromuscular disorder reported to be the incurable amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, sometimes called Lou Gehrig's disease, which has left him .
- So dire, in fact, that winning is often a matter of perception for Genson, who uses a scooter and cane to ease the pain of walking due to a neuromuscular disorder.
News & Articles
- Lock-up to fight neuromuscular disease set for Thursday at Pizza Ranch
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is hosting a lock-up at Pizza Ranch in Newton from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday to raise funds for more than 600 children and adults fighting neuromuscular disease in the Central Iowa.
June 11, 2013 - Newton Daily News
- Disabled Model Launches "WE ARE THE CURE" Campaign with Erotic Art
Jocelyn Woods, 27, born with a severe neuromuscular disease, launches modeling campaign "Ecstasy of a Cripple Part II: WE ARE THE CURE" with photographer/artist Thomas Dodd, modeling in a series of erotica to summon global awareness. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10811393.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- MDA looking for male counselors, volunteers
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is searching for men who are looking for a rewarding and memorable experience this summer to join their summer camp. Volunteer counselors are needed to assist young people with neuromuscular diseases and help them enjoy a fun-filled week at MDA summer camp, which will take place from Aug. 3 to Aug. 9 at Camp Hemlocks in Hebron.
June 11, 2013 - The Middletown Press
- Bruce Bochy in Sports Network
According to the report, Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Lowry is suffering from exertional compartment syndrome, which is described as "an exercise- induced neuromuscular condition that causes pain, swelling and sometimes even disability in...
- Peter Butler in Washington Post
They proved me wrong,said Peter Butler of the Royal Free Hospital in London, who has been organizing a slower-paced effort to transplant faces in England. "Her neuromuscular recovery looks good. She's done extremely well."
- Anna Bligh in Melbourne Herald Sun
It is important that we create greater awareness for PLS and other neuromuscular diseases, and recognize the example set by those courageous individuals like Hardy Brown and the Spastic Paraplegic Foundation who continue to persevere and prosper... Rep Joe Baca http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Baca&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGvCH4jAdTBlh6SkvYWGFmDiFxDcw Earthtimes (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/foundation-kicks-off-first-ever-pls-awareness-month,700883.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFIaFvxVluQrbA9dwC7exVpQmGjJA Feb 2, 2009
67276 89634 neuron It builds Queensland's reputation as a research centre of excellence," Ms Bligh said. "For Queensland to thrive as the Smart State and potentially discover cures for Parkinson's disease, motor neuron and other conditions, embryonic stem cell...