- a relating to or affecting the infant during the first month after birth
the neonatal period
- The same thing with neonatal outcome.
- Today neonatal specialists can ensure the survival of up to 95% of infants born preterm.
- Even without answers to these questions, the neonatal unit in the Women's and Children's Hospital in Adelaide is already changing its policies, and giving mothers of premature .
News & Articles
- Photo: Belmont II Ruritan Club holds Mother’s Day cupcake party
The Belmont II Ruritan Club of Christiansburg held its annual Mother’s Day cupcake party on May 12 at the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital neonatal intensive care unit. “There are few things worse for a new mother than leaving the hospital without your baby,” said Jami McQuain, who hosted the event. “Our son spent 11 weeks [...]
June 15, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- New NICU opens at Touro Infirmary
A new state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit opens at Touro Infirmary.
June 14, 2013 - WDSU New Orleans
- You’ll Never Guess Mariah Carey’s Favorite TV Show
File this under 'Awesome': Mariah Carey is a huge "Game of Thrones" fan. Nick Cannon and March of Dimes hosted a “Daddy’s Day Out” on Thursday for new fathers who have had children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), … Continue reading ?
June 14, 2013 - omg! Celeb News via omg!
- Edward Leigh in UK Express
Tory MP Edward Leigh, the committee chairman, warned: "Constraints in capacity mean that the Department of Health is struggling to meet the demand for neonatal services which has risen year on year." "The serious shortages of neonatal nurses...
- Ann M Veneman in guardian.co.uk
Saving the lives of mothers and their newborns requires more than just medical intervention,said Ann Veneman, Unicef's executive director. "Educating girls is pivotal to improving maternal and neonatal health and also benefits families and...
- Nicola Sturgeon in Scotsman
Health secretary Nicola Sturgeon said: "Mothers should be able to deliver their babies at their local hospital wherever possible, but because neonatal care is a very highly specialised area and because of its unpredictability, this cannot always be...