- n a colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube; one of the six inert gasses; occurs in the air in small amounts
- Want to add some pizazz to your aquarium? A Taiwanese scientist has devised a way to make otherwise colorless fish glow neon green in the dark.
- The neon tube, etching its innumerable messages across the skyline, is at least as familiar a sight to urban Americans as a tree or a dog.
- He thinks of himself not as pop or op but as "a neon-realist.
News & Articles
- 19 Dazzling Photos Of Neon Signs
Neon. It's glitz and glamour from another age, a piece of dazzling technology worked into bespoke cultural artifacts. Here's your own tribute to this aging electric artform. Read more...
June 13, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Nevada: Sin City’s Neon Museum shows off its signs at night
The Neon Museum, where Sin City’s most iconic signs go to retire, has begun aiming more than 100 multicolored spotlights on its outdoor collection of 150 signs. The Las Vegas museum has fully restored a few signs, including new bulbs, and added nighttime tours so visitors could see the neon in all its luminescent glory.
June 12, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Neon hues give punch to your décor
The neon brights that peppered the 1980s are back, in fashion and décor. Highlighter hues and glow-in-the-dark tints provide a shot of adrenaline after a few seasons of mellow, mushroom-y color palettes.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Robin Wright Penn in msnbc.com
I hit that crossroad a while ago,Wright Penn said. "For (me), the 'I know what I don't want' was flashing neon lights."
- Andy Grove in Chicago Tribune
The most important thing I would like to do is light that almost half-assumed truth up in neon lights. Electricity in transportation has to be done. It is urgent. It is important that everything else is secondary,Grove said during a recent...
- Donna Karan in FOXNews
Karan, in her notes, said she was inspired by the "sexy buzz" of a city night when streets are "a blur of dotted lights and neon color."