neighboring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v live or be located as a neighbor
the neighboring house
- v be located near or adjacent to
- s having a common boundary or edge; abutting; touching; Massachusetts and Conncecticut"
- The heart of the prosecution's case is that Taylor terrorized the people of neighboring Sierra Leone in order to appropriate its diamond wealth for his own ends.
- Bin Laden is believed to be in hiding in the mountains of neighboring Afghanistan, a country which Iran has no love for.
- The attacks have mostly targeted impoverished migrants from neighboring African countries living (some legally, some illegally) in shantytowns around the business capital of Africa .
News & Articles
- Smoke from Hathaway fire affects neighboring communities
The Hathaway Fire near Banning has grown to 3,326 acres with 40 percent containment. While the fire is in a remote area, smoke continues to billow out of the San Gorgonio wilderness and into neighboring communities. Several helicopters perform water drops to try and get a handle on the blaze. More than 1,400 firefighters are battling the flames.
June 14, 2013 - KESQ Palm Springs
- Trove of Black Holes Discovered in Andromeda Galaxy
Astronomers have discovered 26 new likely black holes in the neighboring Andromeda galaxy — the largest haul of black hole candidates ever found in a galaxy apart from our own.
June 13, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Black hole bonanza discovered in Andromeda galaxy
By Clara MoskowitzSpace.comAstronomers have discovered 26 new likely black holes in the neighboring Andromeda galaxy — the largest haul of black hole candidates ever found in a galaxy apart from our own.Black holes, which emit almost no light themselves, can be seen only by the light given off by material falling into them. The supermassive black holes that populate the centers of most galaxies ...
June 13, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- President Bush in Reuters India
Russia has invaded a sovereign neighboring state and threatens a democratic government elected by its people. Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century,Bush said.
- Manmohan Singh in FOXNews
The territory of a neighboring country has been used for perpetrating this crime,Singh said. "We expect the international community to wake up and recognize that terror anywhere and everywhere constitutes a threat to world peace and...
- Pranab Mukherjee in FOXNews
Mukherjee said it was "worrying that a neighboring state might even consider acting on the basis of such a hoax call."