negation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a negative statement; a statement that is a refusal or denial of some other statement
- n the speech act of negating
- n (logic) a proposition that is true if and only if another proposition is false
- But the "Zarqawi letter" actually contains its own negation of the argument that the ongoing violence in Iraq is primarily the work of foreign jihadis.
- The denial inherent in the tendency common from Egypt to Indonesia to blame Mossad or the CIA for 911 reveals a damning negation of al-Qaeda's tactics.
- It seemed impossible, a negation, an undoing.
News & Articles
- Mediator joins Seattle teacher contract talks; no agreement reached
Contract talks continued Saturday for Seattle teachers. A mediator from the Public Employment Relations Commission joined the negation talks in hopes of helping the teachers and the school board to resolve their remaining disagreements and avoid a teachers strike. The current contract ends Saturday, and school is scheduled to start Wednesday. After the midday Saturday talks, an agreement was not ...
Aug. 31, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Pope Benedict XVI in Reuters
I wanted to shed light on the direct relationship that exists between the family and peace in the world,the Pope said. "The family is the primary agent of peace and the negation or even the restriction of rights of the family .........
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Reuters
This warlike language is the negation of basic democratic rules,said Sarkozy, adding it was an unprecedented attack.
- Manmohan Singh in Newindpress
Intervening in the debate on the anti-Sikh riots in the Upper House, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said, "I have no hesitation in apologising not only to the Sikh community, but the whole Indian nation because what took place in 1984 is the negation...