- n a German member of Adolf Hitler's political party
- n derogatory term for a person who is fanatically dedicated to, or seeks to control, some activity, practice, etc.
- a relating to or consistent with or typical of the ideology and practice of Nazism or the Nazis
- a relating to a form of socialism
News & Articles
- Nazi unit leader's Minneapolis life prompts shock
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The revelation Friday that a former commander of a Nazi SS-led military unit has lived quietly in Minneapolis for the past six decades came as a shock to people who knew him, prompted harsh condemnations from World War II survivors in the U.S. and Europe, and led prosecutors in Poland to say they would investigate.
June 15, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Nazi Leader's US Life Prompts Shock
Revelation of Nazi unit leader in Minneapolis prompts shock, anger, promise of investigation
June 14, 2013 - ABC News
- Minnesota Nazi: Commander of SS unit lives in US after World War II (+video)
Minnesota Nazi: According to reports, Michael Karkoc was part of a Ukrainian self defense unit affiliated with the German Nazi SS and accused of committing war crimes. He has been living in Minnesota since the late 1940s.
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We have heard this foolish delusion before,Bush said. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared, 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to...
- Charlotte Knobloch in BBC News
It's a race against time,said Charlotte Knobloch, president of Germany's Central Council of Jews. "For survivors of the Shoah [Holocaust], it is intolerable to see how a suspected Nazi war criminal, who knew no mercy for his victims, seeks...