napkin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small piece of table linen that is used to wipe the mouth and to cover the lap in order to protect clothing
- n garment consisting of a folded cloth drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist; worn by infants to catch excrement
- The napkins are linen, the children are scrubbed, steam rises from the green-bean casserole, and even the dog listens intently to what is being said.
- But for a country already accustomed to throw-away cups, plates, napkins and diapers, paper clothing seemed only a logical next step.
- In the 17 minutes it took to reach the runway, the crew shepherded passengers to the front of the 101-seat plane; some on board held napkins and wet cloths to their faces .
News & Articles
- How Brands Can Turn Real-Time Marketing Moments Into Something More Lasting
Real-time marketing is a serious mandate for brands, but the average execution now is "just another quick-serve digital ad" with no lasting impact, says Napkin Labs’s Riley Gibson. Here, Gibson discusses how to turn these moments into something more. Marketers are now in a very unique position to be able to communicate in real time with consumers. In the past few months, we’ve seen real-time ...
June 20, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- 'Look Ma, we're doing it on three wheels!': Michigan tricycle company flourishing in new economy
TerraTrike’s product line began as a sketch on a napkin at a holiday party. Now the West Michigan’s firms products can be seen on several continents and “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.” The company’s growth helped land it a spot on the annual “50 Companies to Watch” in Michigan list.
June 20, 2013 - MLive.com
- Simon Oren’s Chef Driven Market Will Open in Union Square, After All
It's on again. The restaurateur behind the 5 Napkin Burger chain and many other French-Mediterranean spots has been given the green light to open his planned 200-seat, full-service restaurant called Chef Driven Market on the north side of Union Square, the Post reports . Earlier, a nonprofit called NYC Park Advocates had been successful in its bid to stop the restaurant from opening , along with ...
June 18, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Kurt Busch in RacinToday.com
We started with just a light-hearted sit down at a dinner one night, almost like one of those napkin sketches of 'hey, this is what I'd like to see and this is what might happen,'Busch said. "Then this (Shell/Pennzoil) opportunity just...
- Chris Tarrant in Barnoldswick Times
Tarrant said he did not know if he threw "a spoon, a fork, a napkin - whatever" but that he chatted with the couple later and they were fine.
- Jim Flaherty in CTV.ca
Mr. Flaherty says the retirement income system is complex and the challenges it faces "do not lend themselves to one-size-fits-all solutions scribbled on the back of a napkin."