namibia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a republic in southwestern Africa on the south Atlantic coast (formerly called South West Africa); achieved independence from South Africa in 1990; the greater part of Namibia forms part of the high Namibian plateau of South Africa
News & Articles
- Namibia's consumer inflation steady at 6.1 pct y/y in May
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Namibia's headline consumer inflation was unchanged at 6.1 percent year-on-year in May compared with April, the country's statistical agency said on Thursday. On a month-on-month basis, CPI was also steady at 0.2 percent in May.
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Soccer-Namibia derail Nigeria's early qualification hopes
By Mark Gleeson WINDHOEK, June 12 (Reuters) - Namibia derailed Nigeria's hopes of becoming the first side through to the last round of African World Cup qualifying by holding the continental champions to a 1-1 draw in Windhoek on Wednesday. Nigeria defender Godfrey Oboabona struck home an 83rd-minute freekick to deny Namibia an upset after the plucky hosts had gone ahead through substitute Deon ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Namibia coach quits after receiving death threats
(Reuters) - Swede Roger Palmgren has quit as Namibia coach after just a month in the role saying he fears for the safety of his family after receiving death threats. "The president of the Namibia Football Association John Muinjo hereby announces the resignation of the Brave Warriors' head coach Roger Palmgren who tendered his resignation with immediate effect this weekend due to serious threats ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Martti Ahtisaari in USA Today
Asked what work he considered the most important, Ahtisaari, the first Finn to win the prize, said that "of course Namibia is absolutely the most important because it took such a long time."
- Hu Jintao in Washington Post
I hope that my visit will enhance mutual understanding and trust, strengthen the bond of traditional friendship and advance the friendly relations and cooperation between China and Namibia,Hu said in a written statement.
- Nahas Angula in guardian.co.uk
Namibian prime minister Nahas Angula, defending the country's first media ejections since independence in 1989, said: "This lady is expecting. You guys are harassing her. Why don't you allow her some privacy? Harassment is not allowed in Namibia. If...