- n something resembling the head of a nail that is used as an ornamental device
- n flattened boss on the end of nail opposite to the point
- His clients liked Copley in part because everything in his work, from a nailhead in a chair to the exact gleam on red mahogany, was earnestly weighed and measured.
- Hit it on the nailhead, sg.
- And in a self-serving leap for the last bit of credibility, after having spent the last week or two lampooning everyone nonwhite, sacredh hits it in the nailhead:.
News & Articles
- Riveting decor
The Portsmouth chair evokes the structure of old sailing vessels, with nailhead-trimmed upholstery. Arhaus.com Riveted metal gives these lights an indus- trial look.
Oct. 10, 2013 - The Journal News
- Nail-heads and rivets — at home in both contemporary and traditional decor — are having a moment
If you lived in a comfortable home in 17th-century France or 19th-century England, your chairs might well have been embellished with nailhead trim. It was a clever, decorative way for craftsmen to secure materials to upholstered furniture.
Oct. 6, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican