naiad : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers; of fresh or brackish water
- n (Greek mythology) a nymph of lakes and springs and rivers and fountains
- RECREATION The fine-limbed young woman rising from the foam on PTI'S cover is neither a naiad nor the creation of a fashion editor's imaginative whim.
- Miles portrays Lady Caroline like a seasick naiad.
- When Teresina (Kirsten Ralov) is turned into a naiad, she kneels in a pink gown, then suddenly stands up dressed in green seaweed.
News & Articles
- Iowa fishing report
Yellow Smoke Park Lake: Brittle naiad, an invasive plant species, is present and boaters and anglers should make sure their equipment and boats are clean and free of vegetation before leaving the lake.
July 14, 2013 - The Globe Gazette