mystified : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be a mystery or bewildering to
- v make mysterious
- s totally perplexed and mixed up
- Barney's removable dentures mystified his examiners; so did the dissimilarity between his skin and his wife'she is a Negro; she.
- Another is about an honest Mexican drug-enforcement officer (a marvelously watchful Benicio Del Toro) mystified by the cruel omnipotence of Tomas Milian, who is more or less .
- Although they have accounted for at least 20 Mob executions over the past two years, mystified lawmen knew them only as the ".
News & Articles
- Scientists solve riddle of strangely behaving magnetic material
Materials scientists have found an accurate way to explain the magnetic properties of a lanthanum-cobalt-oxygen compound that has mystified the scientific community for decades.
June 21, 2013 - Science Daily
- Just thinking
To the Editor: Like most, I am fascinated, mystified and quite puzzled by dreams. Why do we have them? Where do they come from? What is their purpose? I believe that the brain and the mind are only the recipients and receivers of transmissions from somewhere else, but their purpose will continue to... [This is a summary. To read the full article on SouthPhillyReview.com, click the headline above.]
June 20, 2013 - South Philly Review
- Joss Stone: Kidnap and Murder Plot "Was a Bit Harsh and a Little Odd"
Joss Stone remains less horrified than mystified as to why anyone would want her dead. And in such a brutal manner. Two months after 35-year-old Kevin Liverpool and 32-year-old Junior...
June 19, 2013 - E! Online
- Michael Sheen in Independent
I am both thrilled and slightly mystified,said Sheen, 39. "But very grateful. It'll be nice to meet the real Queen at last."
- David Pryor in The Associated Press
I was mystified why he was not brought into the picture sooner, and frankly, I was frustrated about it,Pryor said.
- Theo Fleury in Seattle Times
In a statement, Fleury said, "I'm shocked and mystified. Imagine somebody who commits that kind of crime being pardoned."