- a of or relating to bone marrow
- a of or relating to the spinal cord
- Target cancer: Chronic myeloid leukemia Manufacturer: Novartis Side effects: Swelling, cramps, nausea and in some cases severe anemia.
- In March 2007, her daughter Taylor, now 10, received a diagnosis of acute myeloid leukemia, a fast-growing cancer that not only took a toll on Taylor's body but also quickly .
- A writer and translator living in Manhattan, she was suffering from chronic myeloid leukemia, an especially deadly form of blood cancer.
News & Articles
- Life Resumes: Looking Ahead With Suleika Jaouad
Two years after Suleika Jaouad was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia, she is cancer free. A month out from her 25th birthday, she is starting to travel again and beginning to think about her career. As part of TOTN's "Looking Ahead" series, Jaouad reflects on regaining a bit of normalcy.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Howard Beach event raises more than $100K for cancer research, services
All those who knew Loren Licausi describe her as strong, independent and caring. One of her best friends, Lauren Lafemina, said her character left a noticeable mark on people. Licausi passed away in February from acute myeloid leukemia — a form of cancer that starts with bone marrow — which she was diagnosed with only [...]
June 12, 2013 - Queens Courier
- Quality-of-Life Issues Need to Be Addressed for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Patients on Oral Chemotherapy
Researchers at Moffitt Cancer Center have determined that chronic myeloid leukemia patients who are treated with a class of oral chemotherapy drugs known as a tyrosine kinase inhibitors have significant side effects and quality-of-life issues that need to be addressed. Some of these issues include depression, fatigue, nausea and change of appearance. The researchers say it is important to ...
June 10, 2013 - Newswise
- Daniel Vasella in WebWire (press release)
Based on the promising clinical data achieved to date, we have made a strategic decision to focus the organization on generating critical clinical data by advancing our lead compound, voreloxin, into late-stage trials in the acute myeloid leukemia... Daniel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFKicWKYcTEr0IYklrJvpoO1SW3IQ Earthtimes (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/sunesis-pharmaceuticals-focuses-resources-on-development-of-voreloxin-formerly-sns-595,418952.shtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNESX3BUWz4tNLilamcikJ4NHVSAUg Jun 3, 2008
66241 88092 myeloid Glivec has an unprecedented record of efficacy and safety for the treatment of patients suffering from chronic myeloid leukemia, allowing many to resume their daily lives" said Dr. Daniel Vasella, Chairman and CEO of Novartis. "After more...